Last night we went on a drive in the country. It was so wonderful to get out in the fresh air! We saw a few deer, the lupine and wild rose are blooming right now, several famers have fresh grass cut and drying, and I just can't live a single summer without getting out somewhere where I can hear the crickets sing in the evening. LOVE IT! I brought some of the lupine home...

So pretty!

The little project that I worked on a couple days ago was this calendar holder. It was a gift but still needed some work. I stained it with a natural color stain, and then put a clear glossy finish on it. First time staining wood for me! Not hard, but something new.

I've wanted one for awhile, and I like how it turned out. The wood is a bit crooked on one side, so it doesn't hang exactly perfect against the wall, but that gives it some charm. *smile*
No comments:
Post a Comment