Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quilt top complete

My first one is actually finished, borders and all. It's really exciting to see it nearing completion. I very much enjoy embroidery and have helped my grandma do some hand quilting before, so I look forward to the process!I wasn't sure about the outside diamond border, but I find I really like it now that it's finished.

It's sort of wrinkled at the moment - we don't have a big enough space to be able to fully lay it out. I'm going to have to take it home to Oregon at the end of this next month and borrow a big nice living room to pin the backing and batting on. Can't wait! It's going to be so nice when it's finished.

And I have to confess that I've already gotten material for a 2nd and 3rd project. But I'll keep that a suprise for now! Yay for new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment