Wednesday, October 20, 2010

*Success*

I reached my 10 lb weight loss goal, and I wanted to celebrate. In our family, celebrations normally involve going out to eat or deserts or treats... so I decided (in following with my endeavor to be healthier) my treat would be none of the above. Instead... FABRIC! Hehe - I think I'm starting to really love this new world of sewing and quilting...
I have wanted to make (not that I have time with all my classes, exams, and work schedule) a christmas table runner or small project, and I chose "12 days of Christmas". I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little ice skaters on the pond. Hopefully I will be able to make something to sort of showcase them... they're so cute.


And the second material I chose was this cute strawberry print from the "Meadowsweet" line of fabric. I loved all the floral patterns in the line, but fabric is sorta *expensive*, so I chose just the strawberries. Another project... another day... but I would love to make a red and baby blue quilt. Not quite colors you would expect to go together, but this strawberry print works well, doesn't it? I love it! It reminds me of the strawberry collection my mom had when I was growing up.


I'll keep you posted on any progress... may have to wait until Thanksgiving and/or Christmas break to get any real work done, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment