Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mom's quilt

This is the third quilt that I've tackled. Seems to be getting easier with each one! I tend to get less hung up on making mistakes and just go for it. I originally thought I'd like these colors for a cozy fall quilt, but mom loved them so much, it became her quilt. It needed a good home anyway! Mom has been doing some re-decorating of her room, so it actually fits right in.

In this picture you can see the triangle borders that go across both ends... they are actually the scrap pieces that I ended up with from making the center blocks. No waste in this quilt! I love it when something unexpected presents itself... and I like how it turned out!

And there just had to be a pillowcase to match...


In our spare room...
Curt can hardly hold it up - it's good size! I added the green borders to make it larger... to fit mom's bed.

Don't mind the messy guest room bed - hehe :-)

1 comment:

  1. The pillow case you made for mom goes rally well with the quilt you made her.

    ReplyDelete